Monday, February 22, 2010

The Purpose

The Purpose
What is the purpose of life? Does anybody know the answer to this lifelong question? What is your purpose? At this point in my life, I don’t know my purpose to live this gift we call life. Life is just a mystery which makes it such a great adventure. For most, finding the “purpose” is a never-ending search that will involve many obstacles.
Being a Libra, I feel that my one purpose in life is to make everybody I come in contact with as happy as they possibly can. Now we all know that is literally impossible. I say that to myself every day, yet I still strive to do the best to my abilities. Throughout life, I always went out of my way to make whoever I was in contact with just a little happier. (Even if I wasn’t happy) I strive on making others around me feel better so that they will live life that much happier. I don’t know why I do this. If you believe in the whole astrology thing, then that’s why I do what I do. Just a few months ago I didn’t really care for the whole “your life is based on your sign” thing. Honestly, I thought it was just a coincidence. But over the past few months, I have noticed that it’s more than a coincidence. For the most part, it’s pretty much true. Now I haven’t met every human being to step foot on this earth but for who I have met and gotten the chance to become close friends with, astrology and those people are the same. My friends all display their sign so vividly you can practically tell what sign they are by meeting them only a few times. I’ve been told that I am a very obvious Libra. Now when I was told this, I wasn’t into astrology or zodiac signs, but it made me curious to see how compared to my zodiac sign. After doing some research, I had a sudden realization that I was a Libra…for real.
Libras are very understanding and tend to see both sides to everything. A hate for violence makes it easier to better understand when there happens to be a disagreement. Now there are up as well as downs to seeing both sides or even looking at it from another point of view. Before I make any assumptions, I try to see what the other person in the disagreement sees. I try to understand how they feel about the topic before I even say a word. It tends to calm things down and I know exactly what to say so that the argument will not escalate much further. There are occasional moments in which I speak my mind without thinking but if I know I’m wrong, I am quick with an apology and try to patch things up before anything drastic happens. Just because Libras are understanding doesn’t mean we like to be put into situations like that. I try to avoid fighting or arguing as much as possible and that’s when the happiness thing comes into play. If I feel somebody is upset with me, I am the first to go out of my way to make that person feel better even if it means I have to put them before myself.
One of my major downfalls is I hardly say no to anybody at anytime to an extent. I’m not going to put anybody in danger or hurt anybody but if somebody wants or needs something, I’m the first they ask. I can’t help it and I tend to feel used at some points even though I know that the people I tend to help aren’t using me, it’s just how I feel. If my friends are hungry, they will have food in their stomachs at my expense. I don’t mind helping people, I actually feel better if people ask me for help before anybody else. If somebody is in trouble, I feel it’s my responsibility to be the first person called, the first person to comfort those who need it. If something bad happens and I’m not there, I sometimes take the blame even if it isn’t my fault. I don’t know why I feel the responsibility of other on my shoulders just so I can make their lives happier.
On a positive note, Libras are very easygoing and sociable. When people first see me or even meet me, they assume that I’m a mean person because I’m quiet and kind of on the shy side. I’m not outgoing at all, but people tend to get along with me once they are around me more. I’m not a mean person at all, but I just come off as an “asshole”. I tend to get along with everybody I come in contact with more than once. All of my close friends think I am one of the nicest people they have met because all I care about is putting a smile on their face.
Seeing a smile on the face of my friends will turn any mood that I am into nothing but happy. It doesn’t matter to me what I must do to make them feel better, I’ll do it anyway. I’ll put them before me always and that will never change. I never put myself before anybody and that’s probably my biggest fault. But it’s what I feel is my purpose in life. My purpose is to make everybody happy. Is that’s my real purpose? That’s what makes life a mystery.

-Cody Slavens-

Feb. 8, 2010

2 comments:

  1. I'm very happy to see that you have published your first blog and let us in to your world. Please keep writing. As far as this post, I think you sell yourself short. You are worth much more than what you do for other people. It is great to see you want to strive for happiness around you, but do not neglect the happiness you deserve within.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you writing and getting things out. Don't forget about the scales of the Libra. Everything must balance out, so expect a lot of swings.

    ReplyDelete